Want to gear up for Nanowrimo? Want to get back into the swing of things with your writing?
Then come joins us every October for a fun-filled month of writing! Write 10 entries of 1000 words or more - whether they be updates for your novels or one-shots, and one original story that is 6,000 or more words! The last entry gets to be in the theme for the year, which is announced on Oct. 1st! Fulfilling all the entries isn't mandatory (though you do get a nifty banner if you do) - all we ask is that you try! If we can help even one person get back on track with their writing, then it's all good. =)
1. Two weeks before October, an entry will be posted with a message from the moderators - please comment on the entry to be sure to sign up.
Please post this information in your entry before the LJ cut and follow this format: Title: "Insert Title Here" Entry Number: 01 Author: username Fandom: (You don't need to include this if your entry is original fiction.) Rating: (G, PG, PG-13, etc) Also post any other special ratings here like violence, abuse, bdsm, etc. Genre: Spoiler Warnings: Word Count:
You MUST tag your entries with the year, the entry number, and the fandom. If you are posting original work, please use "original" instead of "fandom:insertname" Let's say you have a Batman fanfic you wrote in 2011 that you want to post for your first entry. Then the tags would read: 2011, 1, fandom: batman. Please stick to this tagging format and refrain from tagging things like the genre or author's username. This way we can avoid amassing too many tags.
Please be sure to rate your entries, especially if they are of an R-rating or above. This way those who do not wish to read explicit material can easily avoid it. Please also include spoiler warnings for your fandom, if applicable.
Please use spellcheck on your entries, and try to read them over before you post. We understand that everyone makes mistakes (us included), but please do not be excessively lax in this area.
Please make sure to post the original text in the entry, and the entirety of the entry, instead of a link to an outside source. If you want to include a link as an extra, great! But please do post the entire text entry.
1. Track all posts tagged with "modposts" in order to make sure you keep up to date with important announcements.
2. A smaller theme for the Halloween-themed entry will be posted at midnight on Oct. 1st - the theme is just a guideline to include in your 6000 word story. You can do anything you want with it, but you must do something with it!
3. Be encouraged to comment on the work of others, but please use constructive criticism. Flaming will not be tolerated.
4. Feel free to post polls, pictures, and questions if you need help, advice, or information. But no spam or you will be removed from the community.
5. Please feel free to message one of the mods if you have a question or a problem! We can of course be contacted through LiveJournal, or at our gmail account: email@example.com.
latemarch - Hello! My name is Chelsea and I'm your go-to moderator! I'm a college student in California! I study History and French, and I write in my spare time. I specialize in early European History, and I read voraciously. I love to play tennis, watch tv, geek out, and collect old snapshots. I'll mostly be writing fantasy and historicals infused with romance. =) I'm really committed to making sure that this a fun and interactive challenge each year! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
ippoddity - Hi all! I'm Megan, and my occupation happens to be full-time student. I'm currently studying Biology and World Literature. I'm most interested in ecology, and Asian and popular literature. I've been roped into this community by the writer-extraordinaire latemarch. I haven't written in eons, but look up to those who undertake such an amazing task regularly. As such, I will be here the whole way, cheering you on! Go go go!